Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

It's crazy to think that 23 years has gone by already. It doesn't seem like it has been that long, and what's even scarier is knowing my own children will reach this milestone all too soon.

I have to say that the past 23 years have been pretty great. I wish I could remember more of it in clearer detail, but the memories I do have I try and cherish. I was blessed with an opportuniy to see many different places growing up and met some of the most wonderful people that have all shaped my life in some small or big way.

Sometimes I feel a bit too sentimental about it all, but oh well. Sometimes I reflect on all that has changed during my life and feel a little sad knowing that my children won't experience those same things. But if I am right they will be able to have sentimental feelings about other things that will be in their childhood and not in their children's.

I do wish things would happen a little slower sometimes. I'm sure one day they will and I will say the oppostite. I have grown a lot in the past years and I know I have lots more growing to do in the years to come. Hopefully the years will pass by gracefully.

I am grateful to all of my friends and family who have helped me to be the person I am today, while I am not perfect I like to think that I have a little of each of you hidden somewhere in the making of me.

"Many Happy Returns of the Day"

May it be a wonderful day for each of you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment