So after 3 days in a car and a lot of craziness, we made it to PA! we have been here for just about a week and are slowly settling into the world of house sharing. The kids seem to be adjusting well, we had a few scares of screaming and crying and tantrums, but they are slowly becoming few and far between.
So for those who are a little lost let me fill you in. We moved from Boise, ID to Wind Gap, PA. For the next 2 years or so we will be living in my in-laws house while they are on a church mission in Peru. for the next 4ish months, we are sharing the house as they prepare for this new adventure.
If you were wondering at all, my parents are only an hour and a half north from where we will be, so a much closer distance than previously.
Unfortuanately, I am feeling boring and this post will be words only. I will eventually plan a fun picture included post about roadtripping with our little people and all the other fun things but for now this is what I feel mentally capable of.
Currently we are working on unpacking some of our things, and getting things as settled and organized as we can. The kids are having fun with their new space they even have their own playroom now. They are loving their real bathtub, poor kids have been bathing in large storage containers for the last couple of years.
We made a weekend trip to see grandma and grandpa goff, and had a blast. RW got to ride the tractor and play with the dog annabelle. Ginny loved the kitties and teasing grandpa goff. It was pretty muddy, we have had snow and rain since being here so it is nice and soggy, and we were not able to go outsdie much. They did get to go help collect eggs though which they enjoyed.
for those who didn't know, forgot or whatever, I am currently 25 weeks pregnant. Hooray for being closer to done! Our little boy Owen seems to be taking the move just fine, he is just making this whole unpacking thinkg very difficult. I have been very tired by about 1 in the afternoon, and it stinks because I "know I could do more" (if only I wasn't pregnant).
My goal for the next couple of days is to find some time to get moving on the treadmill, or outside if weather permits. I have been slacking on my walking since I left Boise. Most of the work of unpacking is done for now, so I will be able to use the energy that I would have put towards that.
That is really all that we have going opn for now. I will post more fun stuff later, when I have figured out how I want to approach it. We miss our Boise friends, it has been different to not see you all, but we are also excited to be closer to family and starting this exciting chapter in our lives.
Oh and to officially end on a happy note:
Rich has a job interview tomorrow! Wish us luck and pray for good news!
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment